Graphic1

Graphic1

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Quad State Beerfest 2016

Yesterday was the second and last Quad State Beer Fest for 2016 and a good time was had by all. I continue to be amazed at the level of mastery in today's graft beer movement. If I only knew way back in the late 1980s what I know now I am sure I would be in a totally different line of business. I am particularly amazed at the new "wild" brewer movement. These folks are pushing aside the commercial yeast strains in favor of their very own locally derived cultures. Together with locally sourced hops and malt we are seeing the term "terroir", normally reserved for the wine trade, making its way into the craft beer vernacular. And as if there weren't enough variables to play with in the brewing hobby already, I'm beginning to develop a taste for the sour beers. I guess I'm going to have to relax my strict microbiological upbringing a bit to start playing around with these in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment