Graphic1

Graphic1

Monday, December 7, 2015

First Brew In Nearly Ten Years!!

(Full Mash Amber Ale; Sam Adams Boston Ale Clone). I took a rare picture-perfect Sunday to finally get my brewing legs back under me and do a batch of my house amber after nearly ten years of inactivity. I should have been out on the trail or on my bike but all of the ingredients were in store and the yeast pitch was at full kraeusen so it absolutely had to be done.


Things came back to me fairly quickly although it was a bit different working with 6-row malt in comparison to all my past experience with 2-row (the initial dough-in was a bit scary as all of my volumes were way off).


It was nice to have the scent of hops and malt in the air as the weather was perfect in temperature with no wind. As I now brew exclusively in my garage I need to keep wind in mind as it is a potential contamination source.

And as of this morning the primary is showing good yeast activity so we'll be keeping fingers crossed for the rest of the week. Once this is in the bottle I'll be posting a complete analysis/run-down.

No comments:

Post a Comment